Current Drink Specials:
Whiskey Smash: JD Whiskey + Mint + Lemon + Honey
Seoul Train: Stoli Vodka + Lychee Puree + Lime + Pomegranate Syrup + Lychee Juice
Big Bullocks: Pimm’s Cup + Lemon + Pure Cane Sugar + Soda + Cucumber Foam
Rotten Apple: Absolut Orient + Lemon + Mint + Honey + Ginger Beer
With the new year, comes new goals and “resolutions.” Thanks to all the fans, friends, and family of the SBH Crew, 2011 was a great year for us. One of the main reasons we had created SBH was to showcase South Korean culture that which has never been seen outside of Korea. I believe that, slowly but surely, Toronto has opened up its eyes to the beauty that is Korea outside of just Korean BBQ and Bibimbaps (there’s really still so much more).
1)The media has been good to us: Toronto Life
2)2nd Food Truck Eats was awesome. 3000 total orders of tacos, buns, and banh mi in 4 hours. Shout out to Suresh Doss for helping bring food trucks a little closer to Toronto
3) Desserts by Han:
4) Generally Korean food has become a staple “Torontonian” outing. The overall fascination with the cuisine and culture brings great joy to the SBH Crew. We can only go up from here, since there is so much more to be discovered.
1) Travelzoo, Groupon, Living Social, etc. have changed the dining scene. Everything can really be approached in either a positive or negative. Unfortunately, it seems the deals have brought a new (unnecessary) level to what diner’s perceive as customer service. Please support restaurants and don’t just chase a discount. Never again.
… that’s acutally our only regret.
1) New spot by mid-year. Swish by Han was a long process to become what it is today, but we loved every step it took and can’t wait to spread our wings. Conceptually, we will always be framed around Korea. You might ask “what else can be done?” Just wait
2) Update blog more frequently. No excuses, just have been pure lazy.
3) Hopefully Toronto’s Bloor and Christie could one day become like NYC’s 32nd and Broadway.
3) As always, let’s just all have some fun. Eat, drink, love. Life is short, live it up ya’ll